Action Required: BWC True-Up learn more
Workers' compensation group rating for Associate Members
We're committed to meeting your needs and helping keep your business safe
OIA and our trusted partner, CompManagement, provide you with the resources you need to maintain a
safe work environment for your employees. We've compiled a wealth of
information to help you minimize your safety risk while maximizing your
By joining OIA to take part
in our workers' comp group rating program, you have gained access to
several exclusive OIA member benefits and money-saving discounts.
» View a full list of your member benefits
Partner Link Newsletter
Keep up to date on ways you can improve your safety program, both in the workplace and at home.
» Read the current issue
Have questions or prefer to request your quote over the phone?
Contact OIA's Member Services team at (800) 555-1742.
MCO Open Enrollment
Managed Care Organizations (MCOs) handle the medical management of
workers’ compensation claims. MCOs are required for Ohio employers, and
are responsible for approving treatment, paying medical bills, and
facilitating return-to-work. Open Enrollment is a four week period,
offered every 2 years, in which employers can make a change in their
MCO. The next open enrollment period will begin in May 2018.
Here are five important ways
choosing the right MCO can help when workplace injuries occur.
2016/2017 Workers' Compensation Calendar
- Now: AC3 forms for the 2017 workers' comp plan year being accepted
- May 1, 2016: PY Notice of estimated annual premium sent from BWC
- June 1, 2016: PY premium invoice mailed from BWC
- June 30, 2016: PY 2016 first installment due to BWC
- July 1, 2016: Policy year starts
- July 1, 2016: Group experience rating program year starts
- July 1, 2016: Group retro program year start date
- July 1, 2016: PY 2015 payroll true-up report notice sent from BWC (approx. date)
- August 15, 2016: PY 2015 payroll true-up report due to BWC
- November 18, 2016: Group experience rating application deadline
- January 27, 2017: Individual retro rating application deadline for 7/1 start date